At DGR Media LLC (“DGR Media”, “we”, “us”), we process personal data about our customers, visitors on our websites and when you communicate with us or use our services (“you”). We make efforts to handle your personal data with care, keep it secure and comply with data protection laws.
DGR Media is engaged in performance marketing, lead generation online and content publishing regarding financial information and services, with headquarters in Australia and operations in a number of other countries.
How this Policy Works
The purpose of this Policy is to explain when, why and how we process information which may relate to you (“personal data”). It also provides important information on your statutory rights. This Policy is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor rights you might have under data protection laws.
Click on a topic in the list below to find out more on individual topics in more detail by following the various links. We have labelled sections of the Policy to make it easy for you to navigate to the information most relevant to you.
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LOOKING AFTER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
- WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR AND WHEN DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
- DIRECT MARKETING
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
1. Who is responsible for looking after your personal data?
DGR Media having its registered address 377 Valley Rd # 1414 Clifton, NJ 07013, is principally responsible for looking after your personal data (your Data Controller). Data Controller means the company that determines the means and purposes of processing of personal data.
You should be aware that although we are principally responsible for looking after your personal data, information may be held in databases which can be accessed by other companies. When accessing your personal data, all companies will comply with the standards set out in this Policy.
2. What personal data do we process?
We may process the following personal data about you:
- Email address
- Postal address
- IP address
- Location data
- Website usage
- Occupation and place of work
- Information that you choose to provide us with, for example personal information about yourself, preferences and interests
3. What do we use your personal data for and when do we process your personal data?
DGR Media will collect information directly from you when you communicate with us, use our services or visit our websites.
We use your personal data to:
- Send you press releases, financial reports and other corporate material relating to DGR Media. See also Section 6 below on Direct marketing.
- Send you information or invitations for events related to DGR Media.
- Communicate with you , for example by phone or email.
- Analyze information in our systems and databases to improve the way we run our business and websites according to user preferences, to provide a better service and user experience.
- If we make available, register you for a chat forum or community in which you can provide comments.
- Meet or exercise any of our legal obligations or rights.
- We will only process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Section 3 and where we are satisfied that:
- you have provided your consent to us using the data in that way, or
- our use of your personal data is necessary to support ‘legitimate interests’ that we have as a business (for example, to be able to carry out our business, improve our products, or to carry out analytics across our datasets), in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy, or
- perform obligations and exercise rights under a contract that we have with you or the organisation you work for or represent.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We work with many third parties, to help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties may from time to time need to have access to your personal data:
- Our mailing application provider Hubspot, based in the USA, who is Privacy Shield certified as you may see here and processes personal data on our behalf;
- Our plugin provider and host of WordPress.com Automattic, Inc., based in the USA who is Privacy Shield certified as you may see here and processes personal data on our behalf;
- Service providers or data processors that handle your personal data on our instructions, for example cloud services, advisers and consultants.
- If we are under a duty to disclose to comply with a legal obligation or protect our interests or security.
- In the event we sell, buy or re-organise any business or assets, or if our assets are acquired by a third party, including prospective sellers or buyers.
5. Direct Marketing
We will use your personal data to send you direct marketing communications regarding DGR Media. This may be in the form of email or targeted online advertisements.
In some cases our processing of your personal data for marketing purposes will be based on our legitimate interests (see Section 3 above). When required by law it will be based on your consent.
You always have a right to say no to further direct marketing, at any time. You can use the opt-out link that you find in all direct marketing communications, or by contacting us (see Section 7).
We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications that we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on the information we have about you.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in Section 3 of this Policy.
In some circumstances we keep your personal data during a certain period to meet for example legal, tax or accounting requirements.
We maintain a data retention policy for personal data in our care. Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or made anonymous.
7. What are your rights?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. More information about each of these rights can be found by referring to the table set out further below.
To exercise your rights you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to DGR Media at the address set out in Section 1 above.
Please note the following if you wish to exercise your rights:
|Right||What this means|
You can ask us to:
You can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data.
We may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
You can ask us to erase your personal data, but only where:
There are certain other circumstances in which we are not required to comply with your erasure request, although these two are the most likely circumstances in which we would deny that request.
You can ask us to restrict (i.e. keep but not use) your personal data, but only where:
You can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ‘ported’ directly to another Data Controller, but in each case only where:
You can object to any processing of your personal data which has our ‘legitimate interests’ as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
We have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the responsible local supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.